Sunday, March 27, 2011

Friday Friday



Have you seen that music video by Rebecca Black? Oh my goodness, Brian showed it to me and it was in my head all day! My cousin Brandon and Maren were in town from Arizona and stopped by to visit. Claire had a good time with Lydia and Elijah was adorable! It is SO good to see family. When Brian got home we headed out to do shopping. We decided to go to the BYU creamery for dinner. I'm glad we did because we ran into Jace and Tasha from my freshman ward. We sat together and started talking and we figured out that Tasha and I speak the same language :) You know, homesteading, clean eating, Bug out, EMP, chickens, that stuff. They are leaving for Boston soon for Jace to get his PhD but we're going to get together before and bounce around ideas since sometimes our husbands think we're a little crazy.

Yesterday was a good day! Brian and I got up with the kiddies and we ate and headed out. We went to Lowes and got two shelves for the food storage room.

Then we headed over to the dollar store to get some bins for our medicine shelf.`


Then we went to a nursery and talked to a guy about fruit trees. We are planting at least 3 this year, with at least 7 being our goal for the house. Whew! With all the things we are planning for our yard I'm never going to want to leave this house! Brian is looking at building a compost bin out of barrels and a fancy smancy rain water collecting system for the side of the house. We made some healthy salmon and asparagus for dinner and Brian requested some chocolate chip cookies.

Claire says some of the funniest things sometimes. She cracks me up. She is such a little diva! When Brian was fixing the crib she turned to him and said "good job daddy, I'm proud of you. I love you." She tells Jack "you're so cute, I love you sweetheart". And I can not get over how good natured Jack is! He started clapping and waving lately. He has started wrapping his arms around my neck to hug me and today patted me on the back. He has the cutest laugh. He loves eating mashed potatoes on Sundays. He took two steps today. I can't believe how big he is.

1 comment:

Sandy and Rob said...

Wow, nice looking food storage shelves. You've taught Claire to vacuum - hooray! Jack looks so focused and busy:)