Christmas was great. Claire really enjoyed it. I didn't put too much thought into it so I've been thinking a lot about what I want Christmas to be for our family. Less gifts...more giving. More service and Christ. I think we will only be giving three gifts to our kids. I want them to know what to expect for Christmas. I don't want them to feel entitled to get more and more. I like the idea of three gifts--1.) something fun (maybe Santa's present) 2) something educational like a book 3) something to wear. I'm still working on it. I just want them to be grateful and gracious because they are luckier than a lot of children. Besides, we will always have family financial goals that are more important than plastic under the Christmas tree.
The kids did amazing on the drive down. We had two 14 hour driving days. Phew. It was rough the last night. I nursed a lot while we were driving...(with Jack sitting in his seat). We were glad to get there.
My grandma and aunt and her kids came down for a few days to visit. It was perfect because my mom and brothers had two days off of school while they were here from the huge storm that came through the south. We had lots of fun, complete with games of Just Dance at the church.
Zeb and Claire had fun playing. He is so funny

We are having lots of fun here with Grandma and Grandpa. Brian is here too. He had a conference in Florida last week and flew here Saturday. We leave Sunday to go back home and it's sad. lol.
Well, I'm back on the blogging boat with lots of posts swirling in my head. :)



3 comments:
oh oh oh they are so growing up so fast, that last picture of Claire is beautiful!!!! what a little woodsprite she is!!! and Jack is growing up so fast. You are really enjoying yourself I see! and visiting with family IS THE BEST!!!! miss you
I am glad you are back into the blogging world. I love reading blogs. I hope you are having a blast with your family. We should get together when you get back! Good luck traveling home! Oh, and good luck with your new year resolutions. I think they are inspiring!
Oh, the pictures are darling!! I always love your blogs - it's almost as good as having a conversation with you :)
Post a Comment