Thursday, December 31, 2009

Vacation!

I thought I would get on and update a little. I don't have many pictures. My mom has a MAC and I don't know how to do anything with that. lol.We left Sequim on the 23rd to head up to Seattle to stay the night since our flight left early in the morning. We found the hotel we will ALWAYS stay at from now on. It has a pool which Claire loved. She was so mad when I made her get out since she was shaking. It also actually has a good breakfast which was so nice. And free park and fly.Thursday morning when we got up it was SO foggy. They were saying that flights might be delayed and I was not a happy camper. lol.
Luckily my fear was unfounded and it turned out to be a beautiful morning. The first flight was good, except for the fact that the lady sitting next to me took up half of my seat. And it was our long flight. We went to New Mexico. Then they said that Dallas was snowing and might be delayed. We got out to Dallas fine. When we got to Dallas our flight was delayed 10 minutes. So we get on the plane. Then we SIT for TWO HOURS!! AH! Luckily Claire slept and Brian slept too. I was the only one conscious and in agony. But we made it and made it alive. Claire was so good. She went straight to Jordan when we got to the airport and was not shy at all. She was having such a good time with my parents and brothers. We were all ready to be home.
But, a quick trip was not to be. It had been raining for two days and it was flooded. I was a nervous wreck.
This is looking out the passenger side window. This is the third lane that was totally underwater. You can see the barrier too, sometimes that was underwater.

But we made it. Claire loved Christmas. She unwrapped for a while but got a little overwhelmed and so sat with my mom watching the boys. It was fun.

Since then we have been playing the beattles RockBand and Mario Cart. My parents got a huge popcorn popper so we have been watching movies and eating popcorn. Yesterday was our three year anniversary. My parents watched Claire and we went to see Avatar in 3D and then went to eat at Fuji, a Japanese Hibachi Grill. It was soo yummy! I love vacation.

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Claire looks sooo cute sitting on the elephant! glad your travels were safe. enjoy your family!!

Journee said...

She is very cute! :)