Thursday, July 19, 2012

Update on us

Well, I thought I should do a little update on how we are all doing :)  It's been a while.

Brian:  He is currently in Park City for a work conference.  (Lucky duck) Work is going really well. He is still going in to work at 5 AM.  I'm impressed he has never accidentally slept in!  I think he is enjoying his few nights of great sleep while he is in Park City.  I'm trying to have him take off a few days soon but he wants to save his last few days of last years vacation in case he gets called on to be an extra in the New Testament filming that the Church is doing.  Speaking of which, he is growing a beard.  I actually dont hate it :)  I'm hoping he gets called.  I would be sad for him if he doesn't.  My Uncle Cody got to be a "Roman soldier on horseback".  They are going to be using all the footage for New Testament videos, Mormon messages, and other things for the next 20 years.  Brian is also working hard around the house.  He built our swing set.  It took a long time and was not easy.  The kids love it.  He is ALMOST done with the floor in the living room.  He just has a couple transitions and the baseboards.  I'm proud of him for doing it, it has been pretty frustrating.   

Megan:  I am 34 weeks 2 days pregnant.  40 more days till my guess date!  It really could not come fast enough.  Well, kinda.  Lets just say this pregnancy has been pretty hard physically.  I was thrown off because I was so active with Jack.  I walked 1-2 miles every day.  Now I can barely walk around my house some days!  I'm having extremely bad sciatic pain and round ligament pain.  I've been going to the chiropractor every week but it's not doing much.  I feel pretty lame walking around like an old woman, and sometime literally almost fall down, I have to catch myself on something.  It's strange how pregnancies can be so different.  And it is HOT.  No more summer babies for me thanks!  But I am extremely grateful and happy to have this little guy be kicking around in my tummy.  I'm having nesting frustrations :)  I need the floors done so I can get rid of all the wood and tools around the house.  I've got Claire's room done and need to start Jack and the baby's.  I keep organizing and reorganizing.  My next appointment is our home visit on the 26th.  The house needs to be clean for that.  And then Brian's mom is coming the middle of August.  I may have Brian take off his days before that.  I want our house to be company ready and baby ready by then.  Also, I have a turkey and ham in the freezer that I need to cook and make freezer meals with.  I feel like I am running out of time but so far away at the same time.

Claire:  She is her same old self.  She loves her new bedroom.  Every time someone comes over she has to show it off. (I'm getting my new camera in a few days so I will take some pictures then)  She loves looking at books.  Right now her favorites are The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss and Piggie Pie Po by Audrey and Don Wood.  She like them because she reads them herself.  It's so cute to watch her "read".  I'm pretty sure she just has them memorized but she does it well :)  She loves watching movies which we've had to cut back on drastically.  Although the last few days have been bad since Brian has been gone, they are watching too much which is all my fault.  We actually took the TV away and put it in the spare bedroom.  I was just tired of the crying when I would say no.  It's amazing what the difference in attitude was :)  Our Wii isn't working so it's just DVDs now. I am pretty excited that I got the whole Magic School bus series on Amazon.  That will be saved for when the baby comes.  She is excited for the baby to come.  She can't wait to have her carseat moved to the back of the van, lol.  She is a smart little girl and we love her!

Jack:  Jack turned two June 18th.  Bad mom for not blogging about it.  And I still have Claire and Jack's Thank You cards to send.  They are DONE though and have been for a while...so sorry everyone!  He loves coloring and getting into everything.  He is still not talking much but has the cutest way of saying "yeaaahh".  And I no longer buy Popsicles because he whines for more every times he gets one.  Although it is cute hearing him try to say it.  His hair is still curly...which is amazing.  I feel like I spend most days keeping him from killing himself.  He still loves his "choo choos" and in the mornings we usually spend a lot of time playing.  He has been waking up between 5:30 and 6 most mornings...(killllll me now)  Jack also loves me reading books to him and will sit for quite a while with Claire just looking at pictures.  He LOVES Claire. He wants to do everything she does which causes some conflict sometimes.  He watches everything she does.  She is usually pretty patient with him.  It will be interesting to see how he does when the baby comes.


So that is us in a nutshell.  I promise to get some pictures up soon.  It's hard because we have pictures on my  camera, the Ipod and our phones.  And I have no idea how to get them off our phones.  It's been a pretty laid back summer.  Not much has been going on.  The only thing we have to look forward to officially is Brian's mom coming in August.  It's been slow in the visitors/vacation department.  I'm ready for something fun to happen!  Anyhoo probably time to get cleaning!  

1 comment:

Sandy and Rob said...

Enjoyed your update! I was just thinking about getting my suitcase down from the attic. I jump on the Amtrak for CO. a week from this Friday:)