(drum roll please)
.....
.....
.....

Democratic Republic of Congo Kinshasa Mission! I'm so excited for him! (and a little nervous too :) He will be French speaking and goes to the MTC August 10th. Sniff...I can't believe he is old enough to go on a mission! Wouldn't it be funny if Jordan was called to Africa too? It's so funny both Bryan and Logan were called to Africa.
We did our Easter egg hunt this morning after I got back from volunteering at Bountiful Basket. I have a whole post I'm working on with videos and pictures but it's not working for some reason so I'll have Brian try to figure it out. Claire loved it and Jack loved waving the eggs around. I had all these plans to work in the yard today but there was two inches of snow on the ground this morning. So Brian worked on scanning all of our important papers so we can get copies different places. I was thinking about that with all the coverage of tornados. Can you imagine losing your home and everything in it? Whew. My aunt's town was hit hard. I'm so thankful they are safe but so sad for the people who died there.
Here is a video of some of the coverage about Ringgold. I was crying.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42831723#42831723
I was petrified of tornadoes growing up, to the point I would be paranoid any time there was a storm or dark clouds around. I still am when we are visiting in Illinois or Arkansas. Last time we were in Illinois a storm came through and the power when out so I was texting my mom at 3 A.M. to look at the weather for me. I couldn't sleep until it passed and kept wondering what we would do if a tornado came because Brian's parents don't have a basement. (Brian assured me we were safe because some priest blessed their town so a tornado has never hit...ha)
So if you live in tornado territory, what do you do? One of my favorite blogs, Totally Ready has a great article HERE. It's worth the piece of mind to do something now to prepare for later. My parents actually headed over to the church when the tornado was coming their way. I think I would have liked that because my mom said you couldn't even hear the storm when they were inside :) She also said that they didn't have their 72 hour kit all together and she really wished they did.
Anyway, remember to keep the victims of the storms in your prayers. And I will try to get my picture post up and be better about blogging :)
2 comments:
Tornados can be really scary. I am glad I have never lived where tornados or anything can hit. I am glad our family is safe.
so excited for your brother and family, and so sad for all the loss due to the tornados. I'm glad you posted that your family was ok, I was worried when you posted it last time.
Post a Comment